Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Great Granny 'Ghan


It's GGGgggggrrrrrreeeeaaaat! It's a great big granny square. I made this for Billy for Valentine's Day. Once I started it, I just kept going making the corners in the appropriate places. It was a lot easier than making a great amount of smaller sqares and putting them together. I have two projects like that that I've been working on for about 6 months each. Just making sqaures. And more squares. I have a dilemma... The tightness of my crochet varies with my mood. Far more so that with the diameter of my hook. So happy Kelli crochets with a far different hand that mad Kelli, or sad Kelli. Imagine That!
What's a crocheter supposed to do? I guess just be mindful and excersice control of the emotions and their effect of me. That kind of control is like any muscle you know. Excersice is how skills are honed. Imagine how much is gained when you become, unruffleable. It's like all the people that try to manipulate you are neutralized. It's an empowering feeling. All of our behavior is all based on two main emotions: Fear and Love. I also heard it said once that the two biggest fears against the higher power were:
a.) Public humiliation of another person
b.) Sadness

I'd like to know what other people think of that. I wonder if violence is somehow justified between the lines of that theory.

February was a bit more inspiring. I made the GGG (Great Granny 'Ghan) with love. I know that sounds a bit corny but it's true. He kept asking me to make it bigger. And Bigger. And even Bigger. The yarn I used was Caron Simply Soft Eco. I think I used country blue for the main color. Charcoal, black and heather grey are in there as well... and off white. It's really soft and warm. Billy likes it.

No comments:

Post a Comment